Dear friends and fan (LOL, if any),
I know that most people intend to go for the Bersih 3.0 Peaceful Protest tomorrow. Well, some go for the reason of free & fair election, some intend to go for photography, while some, intend to join the crowd due to peer pressure. But I'm also certain that some will go, just because they are anti-government.
Whatever reason it is, make sure that you have one thing etch in your head -
At the 11th hour, the government has "kindly offered" a venue - Stadium Merdeka for the protest. The Bersih 3.0 organizers decline, not because they dulan or lansi, but because it is unlikely to change venue at the last minute. Without a doubt, i dare say that the government are trying to confuse the public, as a first step to make sure this Bersih 3.0 doesnt go smoothly.
As expected, today's headlines are all about Bersih 3.0, and how the government "warns" the public who are joining the protest that police will take action if the protest is held in Dataran Merdeka - (source: Bernama). Also, take note that roads to Dataran Merdeka will be closed off to public for 48hours-( source: Bernama)
So, whatever it is, THIS IS NOT A FUN FAIR OR CONCERT. THINGS MAY GO WRONG. STAY VIGILANT!
Here's my hints & tips for the peaceful protest:-
- NEVER GO ALONE. Go with a bunch of trusted friends.
- INFORM YOUR FAMILY. Never make them worry and have their blessings.
- USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT. The roads are closed, and you dont want your car to be damaged if anyone runs amok!
- EAT before you go. It's 2pm, have your lunch and make sure you have enough energy.
- WEAR SPORTS SHOES. No slippers, high heels.
- WEAR PANTS. No skirts please. If possible, get a pants with the zipped pockets so that you can put your IC, and enough cash to go home.
- BRING CAPS. If you sit under the sun for 2 hours (2pm-4pm), it's good to protect your head.
- WEAR SUN BLOCK.Don't let the UV Rays destroy your pretty skin.
- SMARTPHONE with dataplan -so you can tweet, twitpic, and Facebook the updates for us.
- SALT. For restoration of dizziness and useful if encounter tear gas.
- WET/DAMP hand towel. Place it in the plastic bag.
- DRINK SUFFICIENT WATER to avoid dehydration.
- GO TO TOILET for "big and small business" before you head for the protest.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, DONT FORGET YOUR DEODORANT! You surely don't want to make people faint before the protest actually starts right?
When you have arrived at the area,
- IDENTIFY LEADER and FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
- DON'T STRAY FROM GROUP.
During the protest,
- DON'T PROVOKE or RUN AMOK when being provoked.
- DON'T chant REFORMASI or TRANSFORMASI (Hello, this is not a political event). Chanting BERSIH is acceptable.
- USE YOUR DAMP TOWEL if you are being teared gas - find a clear space to breathe. Run against the wind & don't go near the canister. Swallow some salt and wash your face.
After the protest
- CLEAN UP the rubbish around you.
- GATHER UP all your friends.
- THANK the leader and give everyone a pat on the shoulder for such a good job.
- HEAD HOME safely.
- Blog about it XD LOL!
WORSE CASE SCENARIO:-
- If you are being stopped by the police, remember to stay calm and ask whether are you arrested? If no, just walk away (dont run). You are only obliged to give 3 info: Your name, IC & Address.
- If you are being arrested, call someone to inform, and ask for the reason for your arrest.
- Once in the police station, ask for a lawyer. Do not talk too much or tell grandmother stories because what you said can be use against you in court.
GOOD LUCK ALL.
for more detailed info, you can check out LoyarBuruk's blogpost that i came across via internet.
STAY SAFE. LOVE YOU ALL...
MSXEROZ, loves Malaysia.