Life is unpredictable.
When everyone was embracing the happiness of 101010, no one expected a tragic incident to occur. At 6.50pm on the fateful 10th October 2010, this was what happened (from my understanding) :-
Delima Express heading northbound--> crashed the rear of a car (1) --> Delima Express lost control--> steered sideways--> rammed into the guardrail--> into the opposite lane-->Crashed into a Toyota Hiace (2) heading southbound--> Myvi (3) cannot brake in time upon seeing the Delima Express on the fast lane & bang straight into the Delima Express--> Honda Accord (4) behind the Myvi, cannot brake in time as well & bumped into the Myvi --> Welfare Department Bus hit the Delima Express which was blocking the 3 lanes from the southbound direction--> 12 fatalities recorded and 50 others injured.
Practically i have summarize a 3 page news report for my readers. (Dontcha love me?? XD)
Now, i have read the news from various sites, and no doubt, this tragic accident had sparked the interest of the public.
Let me summarize the speculations that I've heard and read that caused this tragic incident to happen:-
1. Delima Express was speeding. It was on the fast lane on the highway.
2. It was a crosswind area between 2 hills. (Kawasan Angin Lintang)
3. That stretch of road is haunted (km223 northbound).
4. A car behind Delima Express too rammed into the opposite side of the highway. (reason unexplained, thus speculation no. 3 arise)
5. 101010 is a auspicious date, but that particular time is the "dark" period.
When such tragic incident happens, we find the cause of the accident. And then, we tend to make conclusions. Once conclusion is made, someone has to be blamed, and this time it's no other than the dead bus driver of Delima Express.
I'm not one of the staff of Delima Express, not a family member/friends of those involved, and neither was i at the accident scene. I would not pass any judgement on this issue. But i have questions; questions that i hope to seek further understanding on why this tragic accident occur.
1. Was Delima Express speeding? How fast was it?
2. What is the health condition of the driver?
3. Before the accident, Delima Express was in which lane? (slow, middle or fast?)
4. It was reported that Delima Express crashed the rear of the car (car 1 as in my summary above).
5. What is that car 1? What happened to car 1? Where's the driver of car 1?
6. Assuming that the Delima Express was speeding and crashed on Car 1. Passengers and driver of Car 1 would have been killed, or injured. I couldn't find any information on Car 1.
7. The traffic on Sunday evening is normally heavy towards KL (people getting back to work on Monday). Is there no other eyewitness on what happened to Delima Express prior to the crash? The only witness claimed that Delima Express was speeding also said that she was asleep before the crash. Was there anybody who was awake at that time?
8. What about the traffic monitoring cameras? I usually see the cameras along the NSE that monitor the traffic flow. Can the bus be detected? Maybe we can even see what happened to the bus that it flew to the opposite direction.
I'm not a detective, but I'm just a curious person. 12 lives gone, and people injured. I just feel this incident should not remain a mystery. Answers should be given to the family of those affected, so that they should understand what actually happened.
I hope that Malaysia's CSI team would act fast, but with detailed analysis and provide to the nation the answers to my questions. Accidents do happen. We cannot predict or prevent. All i could advice is for us to do more good things in life and treasure it. Be careful on the road.
For more pictures, you can visit Tekkaus blogpost here. (loaded with pics of bloody accident scenes)
Hmm, should i send my RedButtockz Wern to bus station tomorrow? She's going back to Ipoh.
Okays, time for bed. I pray for the fast action of M'sia CSI team, fast recovery of those involved, and may those departed rest in peace.